This 5,000 word report contains an introduction to maritime autonomous surface ship (MASS) technology, a market overview and details of the 50+ companies currently developing the technology worldwide, details of funding and investments into the space, an analysis of patent registrations, and a market size and opportunities forecast.
The report, market landscape, and market sizing covers any technology that enables either the remote operation or automation of navigational decision making for surface vessels of any size. Vessels that operate underwater are specifically excluded.
The autonomous shipping market can be broadly split into six segments; surface drones, workboats, autonomous and remote operated ships, decision support systems, enabling technologies, and autonomous vessel management and support. The report contains an overview of each market segment and details some of the key innovations happening in each.
Key insights from the report:
- The Maritime Autonomous Surface Ship market is worth $1.1bn annually, with a forecasted CAGR of 6.96% to 2025.
- $113 million of venture capital has been invested in MASS technology since 2010.
- China is forecast to be a world leader in MASS technology by 2025.
- 5,000 word downloadable pdf report with in depth analysis of the sector
- Details of all autonomous surface ship technology suppliers operating today
Contents of the market map:
- Executive Summary
- Introduction to Maritime Autonomous Surface Ship Technology
- Market Overview
- Drones and Remotely Operated Systems
- Merchant Ships
- Decision Support Systems
- Remote and Autonomous Ship Management
- Supporting technology and hardware
- Market Landscape
- Startup Providers
- SME Providers
- Corporate Providers
- Funding and investment
- Patent Registrations
- Industry adoption
- Market size and opportunities